Laws.Africa, a nonprofit organisation that enables free access to the law in Africa, is looking for a project manager to assist with the management and execution of our programmes. Laws.Africa is a small, dynamic, modern organisation that uses technology heavily to aid us in our work.
Laws.Africa seeks to appoint a Project Manager to be based in Rondebosch, Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to help manage the execution and delivery of our activities and programmes. The Project Manager will work directly with the Laws.Africa core team (three people) and with the part-time editorial team (growing to about ten people) to help us achieve our goal of enabling free access to the law in sub-Saharan Africa.
This is a full-term contract, initially for six months.
Remuneration: R30 000 to R35 000 total cost to company, depending on experience
- Plan and coordinate the execution of a number of Laws.Africa activities and programmes
- Manage our part-time editorial team together with our Lead Statutes Editor
- Track progress of projects provide written updates and help manage risks
- Track projects against budgets and deliverables and help ensure on-time, on-budget delivery
- Organise and execute events and workshops
- Minimum of three years’ project management experience
- Extremely competent and comfortable working with Google Docs, Google Sheets and/or MS Excel and Word
- Proficiency in English
- Outstanding organisational and planning abilities
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to wear many hats and help out with multiple aspects of running a small, busy, non-profit organisation
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Trello is an advantage
- Knowledge of the development, non-profit and rule of law sectors is an advantage
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The Organisation encourages women and persons from previously disadvantaged backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer. Foreign nationals must have existing authorisation to work in South Africa.
For more about Laws.Africa, refer to www.laws.africa
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies