Iranti is a human rights NGO that advocates for the rights and protections of Lesbian, Trans and Intersex (LTI) persons. Iranti’s advocacy strategy employs the tactical use of multi-media, research and public awareness initiatives to build and advance human rights for LTI persons in the region.
Iranti seeks to appoint a Chief Programmes and Advocacy Officer, to be based in Johannesburg.
- Develop and implement an intentional and comprehensive framework for national, regional and international advocacy and policy change, to protect and advance the human rights of the LTI community
- Formulate, coordinate, and integrate an Iranti programme of action (inclusive of research and media programmes) aligned to the Advocacy Framework of the organisation
- Translate programmatic objectives into relevant advocacy products, together with the Media Team to ensure high-quality delivery of events, activities and communications necessary to advance the organisation’s Advocacy Strategy
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with partner organisations to enable buy-in and joint ownership policy agenda outcomes
- Advise Iranti and the strategic partner network on emerging and current legislation affecting the LTI community and its potential impact on the work of Iranti
- Regularly review plans and priorities to make the most of emerging opportunities and potential tactics, and review implementation challenges to enable swift remedial action where needed
- Lead Iranti in engagement in priority conferences and networks and enable the development of communication and information to ensure Iranti maintains an effective public platform
- A postgraduate degree in law or social studies, with three to eight years’ experience working in an advocacy role within the human rights sector
- Strategic and programme conceptualisation skills, with writing and project management skills
- Experience in a management role with demonstrable management and leadership skills is a must
- Must have technical advocacy and stakeholder management skills with an understanding of the LGBTI sector and knowledge of the advocacy issues related to LTI Persons
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only successfully shortlisted applications will be contacted.
Iranti reserves the right not to make an appointment