Injini is an EdTech Incubator, providing business support and investment in EdTech entrepreneurs to further education outcomes across Africa. Injini selects cohorts of ambitious EdTech startups from across Africa for an incubation programme based in Cape Town, South Africa - extending funding and dedicated support from an experienced team, industry experts and skilled business mentors. Thereafter, Injini continues to support high-potential alumni startups as they scale their businesses.
Injini also plays a role in the EdTech ecosystem across Africa by running weeklong bootcamp programmes in partnership with key African tech hubs and hosting roundtable events to promote the evidence-driven use, investment and development of EdTech innovations.
Based in Cape Town, Injini seeks to fill the following vacancy:
The Programme Coordinator plays a vital role in the smooth and efficient implementation of many of Injini’s core activities. The incumbent will be supporting the management team in building up some of the most-successful EdTech companies in Africa while also developing your skills in administration, operations and communications. With each day at work being different from the last, Injini will expect you to be flexible, adapt quickly and to take advantage of the many opportunities you’ll have to grow and learn.
Your key responsibility as Programme Coordinator will be to support the Head of Operations by organising and managing the execution of the Injini Incubation Programme. More specific duties include:
- Demonstrating sufficient foresight and planning skills to identify possible challenges or barriers involved in programme events and proposing solutions to mitigate them
- Administration related to operations, including arranging and tracking travel and accommodation, transportation, living stipends, facilities reservations, office supplies and expense claims
- Communications support for the Injini team around scheduling, requesting and compiling feedback, liaising with external facilitators for session prep (e.g. parking, supplies needed, rooms reserved) and cohort follow-up (e.g. sending out feedback forms and assessments as requested)
- Point of contact for all initial queries from start-ups and alumni companies, responsible for scoping their queries and directing them to the appropriate Injini team member
Requirements for the Programme Coordinator:
- Undergraduate degree preferred, but not required if all other boxes are ticked
- 2+ years of work experience in administration, events planning, project coordination or relevant position
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Extremely conscientious and strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and loves to create order out of chaos
- Ability to execute tasks independently, with guidance from management
- Self-starter who can anticipate challenges and problem solve with minimal oversight
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- A life-long learner interested in upskilling and facing new challenges
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Wednesday, 24th July 2019 to email@example.com