Stronger Together is a business led multi-stakeholder collaborative initiative whose purpose is to support organisations to tackle forced labour within their businesses and supply chains. We work on a non-profit basis and provide clear guidance and pragmatic resources and training to support employers and labour providers in at risk sectors to deter, detect and deal appropriately with forced labour, labour trafficking and other hidden labour exploitation.
Stronger Together South Africa established in 2017, has been providing training, guidance and facilitating cross-supply chain dialogue in the South African fruit and wine industries and global supply chains. The programme works closely with its partners WIETA and SIZA. In 2019 – 2021, the programme will be expanding, building on the strong foundation, reputation and relationships developed to date and successfully rolling it out to new sectors.
Stronger Together currently has the following vacancy:
The Project Officer must have strong administrative and organisational skills to support the project managers with excellent event organising, data management and communication skills.
- An experienced administrator who has ideally worked with or within the business sector on ethical trade/responsible business/supply chains behaviour
- Experience in organising training event or workshops
- A great organiser, with the ability to set and meet demanding targets and deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- An excellent communicator
- A motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
- An excellent eye for detail experienced in data capturing and management
- A good problem solver with the ability to think on their feet
- Experience in providing administrative support to innovative projects
- Experience working in or with/knowledge of the agricultural sector
Interested candidates can view the full job description and application instructions at www.actionappointments.co.za and send a CV and motivation letter by Monday 22nd July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org