Stronger Together is a business led multi-stakeholder collaborative initiative whose purpose is to support organisations to tackle forced labour within their businesses and supply chains. We work on a non-profit basis and provide clear guidance and pragmatic resources and training to support employers and labour providers in at risk sectors to deter, detect and deal appropriately with forced labour, labour trafficking and other hidden labour exploitation.
Stronger Together South Africa established in 2017, has been providing training, guidance and facilitating cross-supply chain dialogue in the South African fruit and wine industries and global supply chains. The programme works closely with its partners WIETA and SIZA. In 2019 – 2021, the programme will be expanding, building on the strong foundation, reputation and relationships developed to date and successfully rolling it out to new sectors.
Stronger Together currently has the following vacancy:
To co-manage this exciting and innovative project, to ensure the project delivers on targets, on-time, on-budget, in line with agreements and to the organisational objectives and guidelines.
- Experienced project manager who has worked with or within the agricultural sector in South Africa
- Good knowledge and understanding of forced labour
- Track record of excellent relationship management experience, including developing and managing good working relationships with a range of stakeholders from the agri-business, government and not-for-profit sectors and (potential) funders
- Great organiser, with the ability to set and meet demanding targets and deadlines, and to hold others accountable to those
- Interest of being involved in operations as well as strategic thinking
- A proactive, motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
- A good eye for detail, whilst retaining sight of the bigger picture
- A good problem solver with the ability to think on their feet
- Experience in being responsible for risk and financial management
- Bilingual – Afrikaans and English
- Experience in managing international projects or working with international partners
- Experience in working in or with agricultural businesses on ethical trade/responsible business/supply chains behaviour
- Experience in public speaking
Interested candidates can view the full job description and application instructions at www.actionappointments.co.za and send a CV and motivation letter by Monday 22nd July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org