Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre
The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre (the LGBTI Centre) is community-oriented wellbeing and human rights focused services, training and advocacy organisation. We provide direct services, outreach youth and community well-being programmes, support and education primarily to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) individuals and/or communities, Men Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) and Women Who Have Sex With Women (WSW) in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). We are a drop-in safe space and Key Populations’ Clinic.
LGBTI Centre seeks to appoint two Social Auxiliary Workers to be based in KwaZulu-Natal.
- King Cetshwayo
The Social Auxiliary Worker (SAW) in the MSM Programme will primarily be responsible for conducting individual assessments and providing therapeutic interventions for MSM and the programme team.
- Social auxiliary worker qualification
- Experience in social auxiliary work
- Experience in working in HIV programmes with key populations is beneficial
- Experience in providing therapeutic interventions to women, victims of GBV, key populations
- Render psychosocial support services to partners and family members who are victims and survivors of GBV
- Facilitation skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Report-writing skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Demonstrate a strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Ability to travel as and when required
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a social auxiliary worker
To apply, submit a detailed CV and covering letter with relevant attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in your covering letter the District you wish to apply for eThekwini (KZN) and Cetshwayo (KZN)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: 031 3127402
Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has not been successful.
LGBTI Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre, refer to www.gaycentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies