CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. The Organisation strives to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint a Crisis Response Fund Administrator, to be based in South Africa.
The purpose of Crisis Response Fund is a rapid response grant designed to help to provide emergency and rapid resources to civil society partners facing freedom of assembly and association restrictions. It presents a way to mobilise quick, principled and effective advocacy grants to respond to events that threaten fundamental rights to associate and assemble freely.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting with courses in social science, economics, international relations or other related subject areas
- Minimum of three years working experience in civil society organisation
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-level administration to the grant-making process
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail and respect for systems oversight
- Demonstrated ability of entry-level analytical and research support skills
- Verbal and written communication skills in English. Preferred one other UN language
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include:
- A two page CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than one page outlining your motivation for applying for the role
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted the week of the 15th to 19th July to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
CIVICUS reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies