Flourish is a national social franchise, supported by the Grow Great Campaign, a campaign committed to helping babies and young children grow to their full potential. The first 1000 days of life (from conception to a child’s second birthday) play a vital role in shaping a child’s future. Children who receive enough love, food and stimulation during this period of life tend to do better at school and get better jobs as a result. But often parents do not get enough support and information when they are pregnant or when the baby is very young. Flourish seeks to fill this gap by offering antenatal and postnatal support through community based groups.
Flourish is looking for passionate & entrepreneurial mothers, who want to make a difference in their communities to join our network as social franchisees. Flourish encourages people living with disabilities to also apply.
This is not a job that will pay a salary or stipend, but an entrepreneurial opportunity that will enable you to supplement your current income through the franchise’s low-fee structure.
In 2019, we aim to expand and reach more moms and babies across the country through the antenatal and postnatal groups, and are looking for franchisees who currently live or work in the following areas: Worcester (Western Cape) , Great Giyani & Letaba Local Municipalities (Mopani District in Limpopo); Nkomazi (Mpumalanga).
What does being a social franchise entail?
As a franchisee you will have to host 2 antenatal groups in your neighbourhood for 90 min with 10 mom’s to be (pregnant women) per group for 10 weeks. You will also be expected to host a minimum of 1 postnatal group per week of 90min each with preferably the same 10 moms who were in the antenatal group for 10 weeks. The postnatal community based groups will only resume after the first cycle of 10 antenatal classes.
What skills and qualities you will need:
- A mother
- A social and community activist with a passion for women and children
- Strong interpersonal skills, being relatable and non-judgemental
- Be innovative and entrepreneurial
- Good problem-solving skills
- Living and working in of the communities listed above
- Fluent in English and at least 1 local language
- Basic computer skills (email, internet browsing, social media)
- Basic administration skills (filling and reporting)
If you are interested in this opportunity, send us the following:
- 1 page CV to email@example.com. Please include Flourish franchisee in the subject line of your email.
- 1 minute WhatsApp video stating your name and surname, where you would like to run your community based groups and why you want to be a Flourish franchisee to 083 823 8634. The closing date for applications is 5pm 21 July 2019.