Thembalitsha Foundation assists with the development and growth in the lives of those in need, giving them hope.
Thembalitsha Foundation seeks to appoint a mature and experienced registered nurse with palliative experience to be based at Themba Care Grabouw in Western Cape.
Reporting to: Project Manager
- Ensuring the Comprehensive & Palliative Care services of patients (men, women, children & OVC’s) in the community of patients are met.
- Conduct patient assessments, provide Health education & raise awareness
- Monitoring of client adherence to medication e.g. TB and ARV treatment
- Monitoring & assessing of HIV children and their adherence
- Training of skills to Home Based Care Workers & identifying critical gaps where training is needed.
- Overseeing, monitoring, mentoring and coaching of RHC of infants, identifying clients’ health issues, nutritional and poverty alleviation, support & referral.
- Overseeing & monitoring HIV & TB health education programmes in community.
- Overseeing & Verifying the quality of HBC patient reports & files e.g: Care plans etc…
- Monitoring of HBC Patient Statistics
- Ensure availability and proper utilization of equipment.
- Prioritizing of patients according to care needed
- At least 10 year experience as a registered nurse
- Proof of palliative experience
- Drivers license
- At least 2 years management skills
- Good communication skills
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literacy skills
To apply, submit CV, qualifications and contactable references or queries with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2019
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not received a response within two weeks of your application, consider your application unsuccessful.
Thembalitsha reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.
For more about Thembalitsha Foundation and school of Hope, refer to www.hope.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies