U-Turn equips people with skills and works opportunities to overcome homelessness. Their programme is designed by occupational therapists and is Christian faith based, with long term results for rehabilitation and reintegration. Six months after graduating from the programme, more than 80% of participants remain employed and sobe. U-turn is a thriving non-profit that exists to give homeless people the skills to overcome homelessness. Founded in 1997, we believe in life after homelessness.
U-Turn seeks to appoint a Life Change Facilitator to be based in Cape Town.
This position could be part time or full time engagement and could be filled either as an unpaid volunteering position (eg in partnership with a mission agency) or in a paid capacity.
Purpose of the position is, working alongside the Occupational Therapists, vocational skills trainers and counselors, to be part of the core teaching staff that engages the champions on a daily basis. The facilitator is tasked to deliver practical training to equip clients to handle life’s complexities.
- Develop and deliver training curriculum to the Life Change clients
- Arrange for specialist partners to deliver other components of the training curriculum (eg Computer literacy, Health and fitness, Money Management, etc.)
- Conduct 1:1 session as necessary, with associated case management and make relevant, appropriate referrals to outside organisations/partners
- Provide a positive learning environment that fosters participation, learning and growth for all persons taught at U-turn
- Record keeping and writing of client/group notes to capture participant progress in the U-turn information system
- Social work qualification, registered with SACSSP or someone with a teaching qualification or someone with HR and recruitment placement experience.
- Counselling experience
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Emotionally mature individual
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Organisation skills, able to prioritise
- A collaborative team player – concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop people (in a group or individual setting)
- Patient ability to rephrase and approach a topic from many different angles
- Driver’s license
- Must be a committed Christian with counseling and training experience or someone with market placement experience
To apply, submit CV, qualifications and contactable references or queries with salary expectations to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about U-turn, refer to homeless.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies