Islamic Relief South Africa
Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) is a member of Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW), a UK based international relief and development charity, which aims to alleviate the suffering of the world’s poorest people.
IRSA seeks to appoint an HR Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
Duration: Six months fixed term, with a view to permanent
Salary: R 243 900 to R 244 900 yearly
Reports to: The Head of Department of Finance and Support services acting as a support function, and works closely with all other HOD’s.
The HR Coordinator works directly with all 3rd party vendors who provide products and systems used in our HR functions.
- This position coordinates all aspects of IRSA’s Human Resources activities and supports a broad range of disciplines including:
- Payroll Tax
- Time and Attendance
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Health and Safety, Insurance, Industrial Relations and Organisational Policy
- System Administration and act as an Employee Liaison to Senior Management
- Must have previous experience in a similar role, the relevant Degree with a
- reputable tertiary institution and three to five years independent and generalist experience and an in depth understanding of the NGO environment
- Have understanding and empathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as a commitment to IRW’s vision and mission
- Proven ability to assess both group and individual needs
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organise, prioritise and work efficiently under pressure and subject to changing priorities
- Proven experience managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and using judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Proven ability to record information accurately
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Written and spoken English
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Ability to use an HR information system including, accessing, inputting, and compiling data
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse group
- The written communication skills to produce succinct correspondence and reports
- The ability to research, analyse and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes
- Experience in leading and working effectively
- Ability to write and present information
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers on strategic matters
- Experience in leading projects and implementing initiatives
- Emotional resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to multitask
- Demonstrate the flexibility and energy that is required for this important position
- Must be honest, reliable, service-oriented, resilient, self-motivated networker and have an aspiration of serving humanity with your talents
To apply, submit a copy of the completed application form (available on the website), one page motivational letter and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If the requirements of the application as above, is not met, we will consider the application as incomplete and this will therefore not be accepted.
Consider your application as unsuccessful if you are not contacted within a month after the closing date.
Over and above operational requirements Islamic Relief South Africa will take into account the country’s and organisational employment equity imperatives.
For more about Islamic Relief South Africa, refer to www.islamic-relief.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies