Cape Mental Health
Cape Mental Health is a non-profit organisation that offers a comprehensive mental health service in the Western Cape.
Cape Mental Health seeks to employ a Senior Fundraising Practitioner to be based in Cape Town.
This is a senior-level 12-month contract for a 40-hour week with the prospect of a permanent position being offered when the contract period ends.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful fundraising experience and some management experience
- Proven ability to source, nurture and manage fundraising opportunities
(examples of prior fundraising proposals/appeals will be requested)
- Experience as a SETA liaison officer in the submission of Discretionary Grant applications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work closely with a number of community-based projects
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in online fundraising
- In possession of a valid manual driver’s license(own transport a recommendation)
- Able to work overtime occasionally in support of fundraising deadlines and special events
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- respect diversity and understand the challenges facing NGOs
- can research and identify prospective funders
- can take full responsibility for donor liaison and contractual requirements
- are able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines
- can interpret and compile budgets and financial reports
- are able to function as a member of a team, yet operate independently and responsibly
- pay attention to detail, are target-driven, and have good time-management skills
- display a high level of accountability to all stakeholders
- are professional in manner, appearance and work ethic
To apply, submit a letter of motivation and an updated CV with three contactable referees, marked confidential, to The Donor Development Manager, Cape Mental Health, Private Bag X7, Observatory, 7935 or email email@example.com before the 12th of July.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cape Mental Health, refer to www.cmh.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies