Girls and Boys Town South Africa
Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national nonprofit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Girls and Boys Town seeks to appoint a Senior Social Worker to be based in Macassar Youth Development Centre, South Africa.
This position carries a competitive salary. Benefits include medical aid and pension.
This full-time position will suit a responsible person who is prepared to work according to the Girls and Boys Town South Africa values.
- Assess children/youth and families
- Report writing
- Formulate Admission Plans and IDPs for Youth
- Therapeutic interventions with youth
- Referrals to professionals for specialised services
- Supervision of Social Work Team and Senior Child and Youth Care Worker
- Strengthen and Develop Families
- Work in the living space of families
- Formulate and implement Development Plans for Families
- Work within the context of a multi-disciplinary team
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Social Science/Social Work
- Knowledge and experience of the Children’s Act and Juvenile Justice System
- Strength-Based Developmental Assessment Training
- Registration with the SACSSP
- Driver’s license (Code 8)
- Minimum of eight years’ experience
- Three-Year experience in the Residential Childcare Sector
- Knowledge of and practical experience implementing the Children’s Act, 38 of 2005
- Psycho-social assessments of children; youth and families
- Assessing Developmental needs of children/youth
- Family strengthening and Family Reunification
- Bilingual (ability to speak an African language (Tswana/Sotho) advantageous)
- Live in position
- Be prepared to work flexible hours
- Work both independently and as an active team member
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences
- Maintain a professional demeanour while exercising judgment and discretion in work
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the organisation
To apply, submit an abridge two page CV to email@example.com indicate the position you are applying for
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Girls and Boys Town South Africa comply with the Employment Equity Act No.55A of 1988.
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies