Child welfare durban and district
Child Welfare Durban and district is the largest child welfare organisation in South Africa, caring for thousands of children within the Durban area.
Child Welfare Durban and Districts seeks to appoint an Income Development Officer to be based in Durban.
Salary: R6000 to R8000 Cost to company package per month, depending on experience and qualification
- Help with the planning of fundraising initiatives undertaken by the Department
- Assist with the acquisition of new opportunities to raise income for the Organisation
- Take the lead on identifying and researching new corporates, trusts, and donors
- Work closely with the Income Development Manager and Executive Management to develop new relationships
- Work with the Income Development Administrator who will support Income Development Activities
- Work proactively and enthusiastically with other colleagues to develop creative fundraising ideas
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with the confidence to go out and make new connections and drive new business
- Proven experience of building strong relationships using a range to fundraising techniques with supporters that lead to on-going income
- Verbal communicator, energetic and confident performer
- Ability to write a range of compelling materials for donor audiences, such as direct email appeals, advertising copy, and website materials
- Organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of digital communications tools and tactics including video, updating and maintaining web pages, managing social media channels. IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft packages
- Team player with the ability to build good relationships with stakeholders and colleagues, and to work effectively
- Creative with the ability to get maximise impact from limited resources
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
- Strong market research and analytical skills
- Valid drivers’ licence a must
- Three years or more experience in the income development field will be beneficial
- Knowledge of fundraising and proposal writing in the NGO sector
- Job specific diploma or certificate qualification
To apply, submit in writing, include three contactable references, and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
This is an internal and external post.
For more about Child Welfare Durban and Districts, refer to cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies