Centre for Communication Impact
Centre for Communication Impact is a not-for profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes.
CCI seeks to employ a M&E Intern: Monitoring and Evaluation who will work across different CCI projects. The incumbent will be based in Pretoria with some travel to project partners in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, and Western Cape. S/he will be a member of the CCI Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) Unit.
Purpose of the Job: To manage and support the effective implementation of fully comprehensive and operational monitoring system for the projects through support and capacity building for CCI and partners to achieve the objectives, evaluation and impacts of the projects.
- There is a detailed work plan that is aligned with the unit’s work plan and supports the unit and the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Have developed a programme M&E plan for the projects;
- Contributed to and supported the development and implementation of reliable, high quality and robust M&E systems that meet the need of the stakeholders and provide information timeously and accurately per stakeholders’ needs on progress with programme implementation and targets.
- Have timeously and accurately reported progress and provided feedback on programme monitoring through internal feedback mechanisms and systems to communities and stakeholders;
- Effectively manages the successful roll-out and implementation of the M&E system across the CCI projects through capacity building and continuous technical support to CCI programme staff and partners.
- Contributed to the RME unit through active and regular engagement in achieving the purpose and strategic objectives of the unit.
Qualifications and other requirements
- A minimum of Honour’s Degree in any of the following Social Sciences/Humanities, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or other health-related qualification or equivalent NQF level.
- Knowledge of Research and evaluation methods including Quantitative and Qualitative methods
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Good organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet);
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to Tebogo Makgoka, (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date of the advertisement is COB Thursday 07June 2019. If you do not hear from us after 1 month kindly, consider your application unsuccessful. The CCI reserves the right not to appoint for this vacant position.