mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The Financial and Pricing Analyst is responsible for proposal budgeting, cost and pricing analysis and financial analysis. This includes the administration and application of various financial tools and work processes required to run and improve the organisations financial and operational performance. The Financial and Pricing Analyst will also be responsible for providing financial support to the South Africa projects.
The Financial and Pricing Analyst reports directly to the Financial Manager of the unit and provide direct technical support to the Heads of Departments.
- Provide support to the Business Development, International Operations and Program Teams in the development of proposal budgets
- Coordinate the timely review and internal approval of proposal budgets as it related to the proposal development process
- Maintain a cost and pricing schedule to support the preparation of proposal budgets
- Maintain a proposal budget tool
- Collaborate with the Programs Department and Head Office Finance teams to determine costs drivers of m2m’s business and develop a framework for defining m2m’s products
- Support the Finance Manager and Finance Director in calculating the cost of each of m2m’s products
Provide financial support to the South Africa programs
- Provide financial accounting and management support to the senior programme staff
- Provide financial management advice and assistance to the senior programme staff; including updating and monitoring of programme budgets in Adaptive
- Track award receipts and ensure proper recording of award receivables.
- Ensure the Financial Integrity of the South Africa Finance Operations
- Implement and maintain financial internal control systems in order to provide appropriate level of security over the grant resources and operations.
- Manage the financial and compliance aspects of donors and ensure that expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and contracts.
- Ensure the monthly closing of accounts and ensure reconciliation of all accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, financial narrative and variance analysis when necessary to General Accounting unit.
- Monitor cash flow through preparation of cash budgets and funding requests to ensure that sufficient cash is always available to meet operational needs.
- Provide support during internal and external audit and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations
Qualification and Experience
- Recognized 3 years Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business
- Completed articles and has 1 – 2 years post experience
- Cost and Management Accounting experience
- 5 years’ experience in a budget and financial analysis role
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Strong Analytical thinker
- Ability to rationalize work, apply advanced systems to simplify work and negotiate systems improvements, propose solutions to make best use of staff and financial resources
- Experience with Financial Management tools and systems
- Previous experience in a multi-national organization at head office level preferred
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements; EC, DfID, UN partner agreements, SIDA, USAID, CDC, etc preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 07 June 2019