The ACVV Peninsula is a welfare organisation that provides awareness programmes and early intervention strategies to assist families at risk. The ACVV Peninsula is the designated child protection agency for Albow Gardens, Brooklyn, Garden Village, Kensington, Maitland, Rugby and Ysterplaat. The Organisations dedicated team of social workers provide protection services for children and families by safeguarding them, increasing the communities’ knowledge and involvement, and developing skills so that families and individuals can function effectively.
The ACVV Peninsula seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based in Cape Town.
Salaries and benefits negotiable within the scales of the ACVV.
- A Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work
- Registered with the SACSSP and proof of payment of annual fee for 2019/20 (must have registration certificate)
- Work experience in child protection services, the Children's Act and Statutory work
- Knowledge of developmental social work will be beneficial
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Police clearance certificate - must be available
- Ability to converse in Afrikaans and be able to legally drive a manual vehicle
To apply please submit your CV with three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both Afrikaans conversational and driving skills will be tested during the interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Should you not receive any feedback from the ACVV Peninsula within 30 days you can consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The ACVV Peninsula refer to https://www.givengain.com/c/acvvpeninsula/about
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies