The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is an integral part of the Christian Church, although distinctive in government and practice. The Army’s doctrine follows the mainstream of Christian belief and its articles of faith emphasise God’s saving purposes. The Organisations objects are ‘the advancement of the Christian religion of education, the relief of poverty, and other charitable objects beneficial to society or the community of mankind as a whole.
Salvation Army seeks to appoint a Legacy Fundraising Officer, to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary: R14 639 to R16 600 per month (cost to company)
Start date: As soon as possible
- Knowledge of legacy and wills fundraising
- Ability to build relationships with individuals /next of kin / families / executors / solicitors
- Provide marketing support when instructed by the HOD
- Effectively writer letters and proposals
- Represent TSA at external meetings and events
- Visit donors and prospects in their homes, offices and other private places to discuss their planned giving desires
- Respond to all legacy inquiries in a timely manner and responses to build relationships and ensure pledges
- Build and develop lasting relationships with potential donors
- Responsible for increasing the number of legacy pledges to TSA
- A qualification in Fundraising, Marketing and/or Business management (preferably a degree)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in this field
- Strong spoken and have written communication skills
- Knowledge of TSA and/or NGO’s
- Attention to detail
To apply, submit your application to SAF_HR@saf.salvationarmy.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you receive no communication within 10 days after the closing date you, unfortunately, have not been shortlisted.
For more about the Salvation Army, refer to www.salvationarmy.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies