Adonis Musati Project
The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was formed in 2007 to assist the vulnerable asylum seeker and refugee populations in Cape Town. Since then it has developed several successful community-based psycho-social interventions to assist the most marginalised, including survivors of sexual and gender based violence and youth at risk.
AMP seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker for their Victim Empowerment Programme, to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: 1st June 2019 or soonest thereafter
This is a fixed term contract
The purpose of the position is to provide a supportive role for the VEP Social Worker and to facilitate workshops and outreach in communities around issues of crime and violence.
- The Social Auxiliary Worker will act in a supportive role to the VEP social worker
- Facilitate workshops and presentations on crime and violence including SGBV
- Perform relevant administrative tasks and other ad hoc duties
- A recognised Social Auxiliary Work Certificate and proof of current registration with the South Africa Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) for 2018/2019
- Experience and ability to working in an inter-disciplinary team
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and administrative skills
- Maturity and comfortable working with refugees and asylum seekers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license
To apply, submit your CV with the names and contact details of two recent referees to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Adonis Musati Project, refer to www.adonismusatiproject.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies