ALPS Resilience is a rapidly growing nonprofit organisation, working in the violence prevention, community resilience field. ALPS currently has projects in South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania, and a presence in Somalia.
ALPS Resilience seeks to appoint a Project Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Remuneration: will be commensurate with experience
Start date: 1 June or as soon as possible
Contract dates: 1 June to 31 December 2019 (with the option to extend)
- Day-to-day management and administration of project
- Ensure project is implemented timeously and according to the project objectives
- Coordinate quarterly and annual financial and project reports
- With Programme Manager and Community Outreach Manager, travel to sites for meetings with facilitators, stakeholder engagement, and site visits
- Contribute to ALPS’s communications, including writing policy briefs, project reports or related communications outputs
- Previous project officer experience preferred
- A Master’s degree in International Relations, Security / Conflict Studies and/or related
- A strong candidate with a mix of relevant experience and qualifications would be considered
- An interest in xenophobia, refugee and migrant rights and community resilience
- Preferred: experience in the nonprofit or development sector
- Willingness to travel and take on tasks in our growing organisation as required
- Must be based in Cape Town and able to work from our head office in Tokai
To apply, submit your CV and a brief motivation outlining your background, why you are interested in the role, and what experience you have in similar work to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Level of work: preferably 100% of time (full-time)
The Organisation will review CVs on a rolling basis.
For more about ALPS Resilience, refer to www.alp.services
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies