Christel House South Africa
Christel House is a registered, global charity that operates eight schools around the world of which the school in Ottery (Cape Town, South Africa) is the only one in Africa. All of its 750 students are transported from 20 impoverished communities using 18 school busses for the daily return trips. The school has a holistic R-12 education model that focuses on strong character development, complemented by regular health care, nutritious meals, guidance counselling, career planning, family assistance and college and careers support.
Christel House South Africa (CHSA) seeks to employ a Donor Relations Officer to be based in Ottery, Cape Town.
Duration: Part-time, contract basis.
- Solicit, develop and manage key donor relationships (including local and international corporates, trusts, foundations and governmental institutions) that will ensure long-term benefit for the organisation
- Provide active and professional account support to the Fundraising and Marketing team to meet annual budgetary targets and strategic goals, including implementing effective donor-stewardship through on-site and off-site visits, submitting timeous project updates, compiling student information and quarterly student reports, writing thank-you letters, etc.
- Plan, manage and deliver fundraising and donor-related events, including annual business breakfasts, special assembly events and donor engagement events. Assist and work collaboratively on executing marketing-related events
- Manage and develop Christel House’s Individual Giving programme by implementing an effective donor stewardship programme, ensuring that engagement opportunities are maximised and that donors receive regular and professional communication
- Develop and manage the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet programme and ensure that Christel House’s supporter base grows
- Manage any interns, volunteers or contract workers as assigned to your portfolio
- Provide support for revenue-generating marketing campaigns
- A relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, business, social sciences or media
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, corporate social investment or working within the nonprofit sector
- Experience working in the education or poverty alleviation industry will be advantageous
- Passion for education and youth development, with a mission-driven work ethic and a positive attitude
- Organisational and project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work against budgeted targets and within strict deadlines
- A valid driver’s license
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential; fluency in additional language(s) advantageous
To apply, submit your CV (maximum five pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention of the Director of Fundraising and Marketing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal