Just Share NPC is a nonprofit shareholder activism and responsible investment organisation. We promote investor power for a fairer South Africa. Just Share uses advocacy, engagement and activism to support active ownership and responsible investment to drive good corporate citizenship by South African listed companies. The Organisations work focuses on three key ESG issues, and the intersection between them: inequality, climate change and diversity and transformation.
Just Share seeks to appoint a Shareholder Engagement Coordinator, to be based in Cape Town.
- Support engagement with and outreach to investors, regulators and policy-makers in relation to Just Share’s advocacy and activism
- Partnership-building and networking to maximise impact
- Support research and analysis of key South African ESG issues and implementation of responsible investment policies and commitments.
- Assimilate global developments in responsible investment and shareholder activism
- Write reports, investor briefings and shareholder resolutions
- Support strategic communications strategy
- Help to maintain database of results and analysis
- Report to funders on progress and impact of projects
- Business / finance / law degree
- South African citizen
- Minimum of five years of post-qualification professional experience
- Understanding of responsible investment, shareholder activism, and the pensions and investment industries
- Passion for understanding and addressing South Africa’s social and economic injustices
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Public speaking skills (experience in dealing with the media would be an advantage)
- Ability to engage proactively and confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders in the private and public sectors
- Experience of conducting research and writing reports to a high standard
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, and to manage unpredictable situations
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Must be a confident and passionate person to support our engagement with professionals in the pensions and investment industries, and with regulators and policy-makers
To apply, submit to email@example.com, with the email subject line “JS3/2019: Shareholder Engagement Coordinator”:
- A copy of your CV
- A cover letter setting out your skills and relevant experience, as well as why you want to work at Just Share
- One recent written reference
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Just Share strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement.
Candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more about Just Share, refer to justshare.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies