mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. In 2017, m2m and its partners enrolled 2.3 million new clients. m2m has virtually eliminated mother-to-child transmission of HIV among the enrolled clients it serves directly for the last four years, with an average transmission rate of just 1.6%, while 97% of children in its ECD programmes meet all of their development milestones at 12 months. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognized 3 years’ Bachelors Accounting Degree
- Post Graduate degree a distinct advantage
- CA/CIMA preferred
- 10 years’ experience in a financial role of which at least 5 years must’ve been in a managerial role
- Previous experience in a multi-national organization at head office level
- Knowledge of GAAP and Accounting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of institutional donor requirements; EC, DfID, UN partner agreements, SIDA, USAID, CDC, etc
- Working knowledge of OMB Circulars A122 and A123 and FAR 31-2
- Detailed orientated and analytical thinker
- Experience in managing a team of financial professional
- Ability to manage/administer a finance unit, ability to rationalize work, delegate tasks, apply advanced systems to simplify work and negotiate systems improvements, propose solutions to make best use of staff and financial resources
- Proven knowledge and experience of computerized systems, preferably with accounting packages as well as advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 23 May 2019