The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) is a nonprofit that works to ensure that sex workers rights are defended, that they have access to health and other services, that they are respected and are valued members of society.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based in East London, Cape Town.
The Social Auxiliary Worker (SAW) will be part of a programme team based in East London and will primarily be responsible for conducting individual assessments and providing therapeutic interventions for sex workers and the programme team. Be tasked to assist/ input to support groups and community development projects.
- Social auxiliary worker qualification
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a social auxiliary worker
- Fluent Xhosa (essential)
- Experience in social auxiliary work
- Experience in working in HIV programmes with key populations
- Experience in sex work programming is beneficial
- Experience in providing therapeutic interventions to women, victims of GBV, key populations
- Facilitation skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Report-writing skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
To apply, submit a covering letter, explaining their relevant experience, as well as a CV to Jayne Arnott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only those with the legal right to work in South Africa can apply.
SWEAT reserves the right to make appointments which are transformation focused.
For more about the Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force, refer to www.sweat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies