Project Preparation Trust of KwaZulu-Natal (PPT) is an independent public interest organisation that specialises in the preparation of projects for historically disadvantaged communities and special needs groups.
PPT seeks to appoint a Programme Manage, based within its Informal Economy Support Programme (IESP) in eThekwini in Durban.
IESP in eThekwini focuses on supporting selected, high potential micro and informal enterprises (MIEs) in order to stimulate business growth and job creation. It is a priority programme of PPT. The IESP, which is co-funded by the Jobs Fund, eThekwini and the DSBD, is now in its second, up-scaled phase following a successful pilot phase
Salary: R 500 000 per annum (total cost to company) plus a maximum annual performance bonus of R50 000
Duration: A position of approximately two years commencing either June or July, with the potential for a further position subject to performance review and funding availability
- Experience in managing similar developmental programmes, including managing funding and personnel against a project plan to achieve contractual outcomes
- Team management skills – ability to build and motivate a winning project team
- Understanding of MIEs and how to grow them effectively (typically within the environment of the informal economy) including via sectoral collaboration/interventions
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders (MIEs, eThekwini, DSBD, established business, NGOs etc.)
- Self-motivated, self-managing and results-orientated
- Understanding of the developmental environment, conditions and stakeholders in eThekwini Municipality
- Report writing skills and numeracy
- Budget management and cost control in Excel
- Computer literacy
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Communication and people skills
- Strong skills in planning, organising and team-work
- Ability to develop new opportunities, strategic relationships and secure funding
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. business, development economics etc.)
- Valid S.A. driver’s licence and own car
- Previous developmental experience in eThekwini and existing local networks
- Ability to develop promotional materials including use of social media
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- More than ten years’ relevant work experience
To apply, submit a cover letter, CV with contactable referees, and copies of educational qualifications to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are not contacted within six weeks of the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful.
PPT reserves the right not to appoint anyone to this position.
For more about the Project Preparation Trust of KwaZulu-Natal, refer to www.pptrust.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies