The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) is a nonprofit that works to ensure that sex workers rights are defended, that they have access to health and other services, that they are respected and are valued members of society.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Programme Manager to be based in East London, Cape Town.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the successful management and implementation of the Global Fund Sex Work Programme in the Buffalo City Metro. This position includes the management of all aspects of the programme, managing staff, project implementation, project relationships, programme reporting and managing budgets.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in social sciences, public health, social work or any other relevant field of study and/or experience
- Minimum of three years’ programme coordination or management experience
- Fluent IsiXhosa and English (Essential)
- Experience working with sex workers
- Experience with community mobilisation and peer education
- Experience in HIV/AIDS prevention and care and support programming
- Computer literate in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Report-writing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- Financial management skills
- Human resources - performance management and monitoring skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
To apply, submit a covering letter, explaining their relevant experience, as well as a CV to Jayne Arnott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only those with the legal right to work in South Africa can apply.
SWEAT reserves the right to make appointments which are transformation focused.
For more about the Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force, refer to www.sweat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies