Democracy Works Foundation is an African not-for-profit company, registered in South Africa. The objective of Democracy Works Foundation is to strengthen and deepen democracy in Africa, by which we mean inclusive, equitable, developmental, collaborative, coalition and consensus democracy at the local, national, regional and continental level. In South Africa, DWF promotes wider civic engagement and contributes to the realisation of the core governing principles enshrined in the preamble of the South African constitution.
Scope of Assignment
- Perform statutory audits as required by South African law and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Plan and organise the audit, based on risk assessment, to provide satisfactory assurance that the financial statements are free of misstatement due to fraud and errors
- Ascertain that multi donor funds received by the organisation have been applied for the intended purpose and have been accounted for in accordance with funding agreement
- Verify that funds received by DWF, have been acknowledged and reflected in the financial reports/statements submitted to the users/donors
- Review and report on effectiveness of the organisations internal control systems in accordance with the International Auditing standards
- Review and report on the effectiveness of the finance system, human resource management, procurement system as well as the funding structure
- Specifically Conduct Expenditure Verification of European Union (EU) and USAID Funded Projects
Firms seeking to apply should be registered in South Africa and must have been in operation at least for the last 10 years. Additionally, the firm must demonstrate experience in the audit of not for profit entities and organisations with similar registration to DWF.
The following information should be provided:
- Certificate of incorporation/registration
- VAT Certificate
- Tax compliance certificate
- List of at least three clients within the NPO sector
- USAID specific audit experience
- EU Expenditure Verification experience
- B-BBEE Compliance Certificate
- Provide a brief about the firm. This must include a profile on past work done for clients within the same sector as DWF and specific experience of EU and USAID project audits
- Provide a profile of the audit services team likely to be involved in the audit process
The firm should state the methodology/approach of conducting the audits. Upon selection, the firm will be expected to provide a letter of engagement which will also highlight the basis of the auditor’s work.
The firm should provide a quote for the provision of audit services as highlighted above. This should include projected fees for the subsequent two years.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals must be received by COB Friday 24 May 2019.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities