Acorn Education is a newly established not for profit company specifically set-up to be a School Operating Partner as part of Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. Acorn Educate strives to be a school operating partner based on the following principles:
- A lean but highly scalable organisation based on solid business principles
- Executing effectively with a team of mission aligned education and operation specialists while effectively leveraging strategic partnerships
- Continuously seeking innovative solutions to complex education challenges
Acorn Education seeks to appoint a Community Liaison Officer, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the community liaison officer is to communicate and coordinate activities between Acorn Education and the communities our schools serve.
- Develop relationships and liaise with community leaders, local authorities, religious leaders, other NGOs and other relevant stakeholders to gather information that will support Acorn Education’s work and planning using interviews, one on one meetings and other participatory approaches
- Act as a continuing source of information, referral and support and provide effective communication between Acorn Education, the schools we support and the communities they reside in
- Assist in facilitating information and feedback sessions on Acorn Education’s work and our schools
- Facilitate sessions to understand community challenges or concerns and together with Acorn Education’s senior management team seek resolutions to these concerns and challenges
- Attend community meetings in the communities our schools serve
- Attend and participate in parent evenings at our schools
- Confidentiality, integrity, professionalism, mature, culturally sensitive, flexible, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of people
- Experience of working under high pressure and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Written and oral communication skills
- Essential computer literacy (Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Previously experience with community liaison duties would be an advantage
- Communication skills
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans preferred
- Facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Sound work ethic and high personal standards
- No criminal record- candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check
- Own transport is essential
- A passion for improving education outcomes in previously disadvantaged schools
To apply, submit an updated CV with references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org include the position you are applying for in the subject title of the email application
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only EE candidates will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about Acorn Education, refer to www.acorneducation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies