Empilweni is a small NGO in Khayelitsha, which provides mental health services for children and families, and has strong links to other local service providers. Empilweni is celebrating its 25th year of operation.
Empilweni seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based at Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to provide counselling for children and youth at Empilweni. The Social Auxiliary Worker will also be involved in facilitating projects and group counselling in the communities of Khayelitsha and Mfuleni in Cape Town.
- Provide counselling for children and youth presenting with a range of emotional and behavioural problem
- Be involved in facilitating projects and group counselling in the communities of Khayelitsha and Mfuleni in Cape Town
- Work with a team of experienced social auxiliary workers and social workers under the supervision of a service manager and a clinical psychologist
- Must have organising, planning and communication skills
- Be fluent in both IsiXhosa and English
- Be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions
- Police clearance
- Driver’s licence
- Computer literacy
- Personal and social skills
- Must be a team player
To apply, submit your cv, three contactable referees and a motivational letter, motivating why you should be considered for the position to email@example.com
Enquiries: Empilweni offices, Telphone: 021 361 7063
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only the short list of applicants for interview will receive a response.
The organisation reserves the right not to appoint from the candidates who submitted applications.
For more about Empilweni, refer to www.empilweni.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies