Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
CSA’s Rangeland Restoration Programme combines restoration best practice, job creation, market access and integrated freshwater land stewardship to enable restoration and sustainable farming at scale within Maputaland-Pondoland-Albany Hotspot. This position provides for dedicated capacity to carry out monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of ecological interventions and restoration activities in existing project areas.
The following activities will be required from the successful applicant
- Familiarize yourself with CSA’s M&E protocols by attending a start-up training and self-study;
- Conduct a quarterly online survey using the CSA M&E framework;
- Assist to conduct field surveys as required;
- Coordinate the secure data management of GIS and other data according to an agreed data management plan;
- Participate in presenting findings from the online survey to CSA during quarterly reports and bi-annual MERL (Monitoring Evaluation and Learning) sessions;
- Assist the M&E Manager to refine existing M&E frameworks of both CSA and partners;
- Assist in updating MERL, M&E (CSA and NRM) protocol documents as required.
- Relevant Honors degree in natural sciences, M&E or relevant science discipline;
- Proficiency using Excel and preferably R data software;
- Proficiency in using GIS software such as QGIS and ArcGIS;
- A supporting qualification in M&E and NRM measurement is preferred;
This position will be on a 12-month contract with a salary of R11 000. 00 per month, based in the CSA Landscape offices in Matatiele, Eastern Cape.
Please submit your abbreviated CV (no longer than 3 pages) with contact details of three referees with a cover letter by 24 May 2019 to: email@example.com using the reference M&E-EC-CSA) Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
CSA is an affirmative action employer, Wherever possible, selection will favour previously disadvantaged individuals, provided they are in possession of the required skills, knowledge and experience.
Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing should kindly assume that their application was unsuccessful. CSA reserves the right not to fill this position.