School of Hard Knocks
School of Hard Knocks uses rugby to teach life-skills to school children most at risk of dis-engagement. The organisations vision is to create positive and lasting change in the lives of children, enabling them to make positive and definitive steps towards employment or further education.
School of Hard Knocks seeks to appoint a Schools Manager, to be based in Western Cape.
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Dependent on experience
The purpose of the position is to manage the delivery of a new year round programme in four schools in the CBD of Cape Town.
- Commit to learning SOHK’s unique training methodology by self-learning, attending SOHK workshops, sports training workshops, and any other development workshops put forward by Management
- Take responsibility for SOHK schools or partners and work with the partner or school administration to deliver effective SOHK methodology
- Administer and contribute towards the Communications strategy and Monitoring and Evaluations Plan
- Contribute to the development of the programme (curriculum, games, activities, worksheets)
- Support and mentor coaches to deliver an outstanding programme
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent
- NGO programme management experience (with understanding of monitoring and evaluation)
- Involvement / leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work
- Interest in and ability to handle new and changing technologies
- Interest in mentoring and developing future leaders
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
- Be dedicated to our cause, passionate about sport for development
To apply, please fill in this application form.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not receive a response from us by 1 June 2019 consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies