The Bulungula Incubator (BI) is a rural development NGO based in the remote Xhora Mouth region on the Wild Coast of the Eastern Cape. Our programmes are concentrated on three focus areas: Education, Sustainable Livelihoods, and Health.. Our vision is to be a catalyst for the creation of vibrant and sustainable rural communities. To learn more about the BI, please visit our website: www.bulungula.org
Our Masilime Ngqo! farming project is just over two years old and is growing nicely. It provides small-scale farmers with all the tools and know-how to be able to increase their productivity including: low-cost irrigation systems, vegetable seedlings, fertility and pest management strategies,
farming tools, harvest processing and value-adding.
We are looking for a co-ordinator for the Masilime Ngqo! project who will enable this project to expand and assist more small farmers in our region.
- Advise and assist our small-scale farmers to improve the productivity of their vegetable gardens/fields,
- Prepare weekly reports on seedling and input sales by the Masilime Ngqo! Farmers Centre,
- Identify and assist unemployed people in our region willing to adopt farming as a source of income.
- speak isiXhosa fluently (mandatory),
- have hands-on, practical small-scale farming experience,
- Basic computer skills (basic Word and Excel)
- Preferably a tertiary qualification/diploma in Agriculture.
- Must be enthusiastic, confident and have high energy levels.