A small, start-up non-profit podcast company dedicated to producing and promoting high-quality, independent audio journalism. We strive to make meaningful and inspiring content and are dedicated to creating a supportive and diverse work environment valuing respectful discussion over strict hierarchies.
Listen to some of our work here: Soundafrica.org
We are a tiny, but growing organization, who now needs a person to manage our daily operations. As operations manager, you will work alongside our editor-in-chief and senior producer, working with freelancers, volunteers and partners. Sound Africa is a start-up and you will be an essential part of shaping the organization.
- Management of partnerships
- Representing Sound Africa
- Creating and implementing communication strategies with the team
- Developing and shaping organizational strategies with the team
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies with the team
- Budgeting and HR
- An adventurous and socially conscious person
- Five years working experience in the media-, start-up or not-for-profit sector.
- You are independent,
- Driven by the opportunity to create something new and
- Willing to go beyond the job description to make our project succeed.
- Experience in fundraising as well as relevant networks is an advantage.
- historically disadvantaged groups to apply.
The position is available in February or as soon as possible in Cape Town or Johannesburg depending on the right candidate.
The initial contract is for the rest of 2019 with a 2-month trial period.
Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the title ‘Operations Manager’. For further information, send an email to the above address.