Founded in 1992, Africa Foundation (AF) is an independent, non-profit, tax-exempt organisation in South Africa whose purpose is to uplift, up-skill and empower identified rural communities near core conservation areas. In this mutually beneficial relationship, it is critical that communities recognise the relevance of these conservation areas and in so doing, contribute to both their long-term sustainability. The purpose and mission of Africa Foundation is to facilitate the empowerment and development of people living in or identified to, protected areas in Africa, by forging unique partnerships between conservation initiatives and local communities.
Africa Foundation seeks to appoint a Marketing and Communications Coordinator, based in Johannesburg.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will report directly to the Donor Relationship Officer who oversees the Business Development Unit, and will work closely with Allied Partners, the andBeyond Marketing Team and AF’s Central Office and Operational Teams in South Africa, Southern Africa and East Africa.
- Work with andBeyond Travel Planners and Consultants to coordinate Guest Community Trips and related requests
- Gather and disseminate feedback relating to andBeyond Lodge Guest Feedback Scores; follow up on interest as required
- Support AF regional staff in their interaction and engagement with AF/andBeyond Lodge Champions
- Participate in AF meetings, and conduct regular communication with stakeholders, as required
- Assist with the development and implementation of the AF Marketing Strategy
- Assist with the development and implementation of the AF Branding Strategy; coordinate branding logistics such as project signage, promotional material, uniforms and business cards
- Assist andBeyond marketing with feedback on AF regional activities as required
- Gather and develop impact story content and updates to inform social media, websites and e-communication for both AF and andBeyond marketing platforms
- Assist with internal and external communication and reporting between AF and stakeholders
- To be briefed in to marketing, develop Director’s Updates, Newsletters, Press Releases and Articles as required
- Maintain and grow the AF Image Library and Master Communication database, with related administration
- Contribute to ongoing organisational development, with a focus on Business Development
- Log and manage requests with marketing for design and distribution
- Develop, and provide updates as required, for marketing and promotional material, such as Annual Report, Lodge Collateral, Brochures and Fact Sheets for both AF andBeyond platforms
- Assist in developing documents required for the Business Development Unit, such as Policies & Procedures, Manuals, Templates and Best Operating Practices
- Create briefs and presentations for events, workshops and training requirements
- Additional responsibilities may be required at times and will be discussed with you by your Manager
- Strong MS Office knowledge
- Marketing and communication knowledge
- Creative flair and design eye a positive
- Knowledge and understanding of NGO sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or similar
- Proactive individual with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- People skills; experience working with a variety of people in diverse environments
- Detail orientated individual with strong organisational and administrative skills
- Communication skills and command of spoken and written English; strong copywriting skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Passionate, energetic and patient individual with a positive attitude
- Proven track record within a similar sector/environment
- Minimum three years’ experience in stakeholder relationships, marketing, communication and collateral development
To apply, submit applications to Virginia Bachoo firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Office based work with occasional travel to regions (Driver’s License; own vehicle essential).
Occasional overtime and out-of-office hours required.
Flexibility of working hours.
Salary range: R180k – R 240k annually, total cost to company, dependent on experience.
Should you not hear from AF within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
AF reserves the right to not make an appointment.
For more about Africa Foundation, refer to www.africafoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.