The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
SANAC seeks to appoint a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, based in Pretoria.
The M&E Officer will provide overall technical assistance in monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions of SANAC in Provincial AIDS Councils (PACs) and to strengthen strategic information for the National Strategic Plan (NSP)/Provincial Strategic Plan (PSP) on HIV, STI, and TB.
This is a three-year contract position.
- Provide Provincial AIDS Council M & E Officers with ongoing technical assistance to strengthen their skills, systems and tools for data collection, data validation, data analysis, data use, and reporting; this can include designing and facilitating trainings, providing mentoring, and conducting site visits on a regular and as-needed basis;
- Identify, develop and conduct M & E capacity building programme to Provincial AIDS Council M & E Officers to enhance understanding and use of effective M & E tools and systems;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of M&E Plans with NSP/PSP indicators and targets for PACs activities in general;
- Work with Provincial AIDS Council M & E Officers to design MER-related capacity building plans, and to monitor progress made towards the plans;
- Strengthen performance and manage the monitoring and evaluation systems of PACs: data collection tools and reporting mechanisms to address the requirements of the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Design and conduct program evaluations and contribute towards research and epidemiological studies/information in the life cycle of the NSP/PSP;
- Participate in the development of research agenda of PSP and Provincial responsibilities;
- Participate in key activities related to M & E at National Level.
- Postgraduate degree in public health or related field, behavioural or social science, or equivalent;
- Minimum of seven years experience working in HIV/AIDS, of which three years were on developing and managing M & E systems;
- Experience in training and capacity building;
- Familiarity with the South African Government’s National Strategic Plan for HIV/AIDS is highly preferred;
- Ability to travel within South Africa at approximately 75% time;
- Deadline orientated;
- Customer orientated;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Outlook);
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Ability to treat stakeholders with respect and professionalism;
- Good telephone etiquette;
- Be fluent in at least one South African language besides English
- Good planning and organising skills;
- Proactive, team player and willingness to learn;
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Show initiative and be deadline-driven;
- Have good planning and organisational skills.
This is a three year performance-based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and /or SAPS(in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and /or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicants educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
For more about South African National AIDS Council, refer to www.sanac.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.