The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Socio-Behavioural Scientist.
This is a one-year fixed-term contract position based at its Head office in Observatory, Cape Town.
- Project management;
- Responsible for writing papers for peer – reviewed publications; submitting abstracts for conference presentations;
- Presenting of findings to funders;
- Responsible for grant writing;
- Managing and approving of expenditure on budgets;
- Compiling narrative reports alongside budget reports for funders;
- Staff recruitment, training and management;
- Responsible for preparation of study protocols;
- Planning study logistics;
- Database, CRF and SOP development;
- Development of socio-behavioural quantitative and qualitative data collection tools.
- PhD in social science (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology);
- Minimum of three to four ’s work experience within a HIV environment;
- Good understanding of biomedical , psychological and structural HIV prevention; treatment-related socio-behavioural issues;
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills;
- Financial Acumen;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Problem solving/analysis;
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Team leadership.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of two contactable referees to the Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or facsimile: 021 406 6255 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.