Shout it Now
Shout-IT-Now is a NGO that delivers high quality HIV/AIDS education and voluntary counselling and testing services to local communities across South Africa.
Shout-it-Now and the University of Louisville seek to appoint a Research Coordinator for a two-month study, based in Cape Town.
This is a 2.5 month contract (approximately mid-June, July and August) to train and administer a research study conducted by the University of Louisville, Kent School of Social Work in collaboration with Shout-IT-No.
- Attend all training with Research Trainer; Adhere to protocol from training;
- Administer and manage study protocol over HIV and intimate partner violence via telephone call centre, including pre and posttest data collection as well as administration of short-term intervention;
- Conduct weekly and as-needed supervision meetings for quality assurance of fidelity to protocol; Oversee three research assistant positions; Attend weekly and as-needed remote meetings (using internet video) with researcher in USA;
- Past experience with research preferred. Maintain confidentiality of all participants;
- Follow guidelines for conducting ethical research and WHO guidelines for research with women with domestic violence.
- Must be fluent and proficient in English and at least one other language (isiZulu, Xitsonga and/or Sesotho);
- Past experience with HIV required and past experience with intimate partner violence preferred; Must have management experience;
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office especially Excel;
- Must be comfortable discussing content related to HIV status and intimate partner violence;
- Must have attitude of gender equality and support women’s ability to make decisions for themselves;
- Must be empathetic and show non-judgment when working with participants, demonstrate cultural competence, be people oriented, be self-motivated and able to work independently.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Shout-IT-Now, refer to www.shoutitnow.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook athttps://www.facebook.com/ngopulse.