Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust
The Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust has a vision of a South Africa in which women are safe in their communities and where the criminal justice system supports and empowers rape survivors in all its interventions. The Rape Crisis Cape Town’s mission is to promote an end to violence against women, specifically rape, and to assist women to achieve their right to live free from violence by reducing the trauma experienced by rape survivors, encouraging reporting of rape incidents and facilitating the active engagement of communities in challenging high rape rates and flaws in the criminal justice system. The Trust plan to achieve this through coordinated action between our three main programmes: (1) the Road to Justice, (2) the Road to Recovery and (3) Making Change.
The Rape Crisis Cape Town Trust seeks to appoint a Court Support Coordinator, based in Observatory, Cape Town.
We recently employed a number of court supporters based on site at five local courts offering information and support to rape survivors and witnesses appearing in court to testify in rape cases.
The role of this coordinator is to lead and manage the court support administrator and the teams based at the courts to ensure the delivery of high quality services to rape survivors. The person that fills this post will also be expected to play a part in the successful implementation of all operational plans and activities that advance the organisation as a whole.
The Court Support Coordinator will be based at our Observatory office but will be required to visit the courts on a regular, routine basis and will be responsible for the following tasks under the supervision of the Operations Manager: Court Support Services.
This is a fixed-term contract position.
- Ensure that the project meets programme targets for court support services;
- Ensure that court supporters are fully supported through effective, ongoing supervision and performance management;
- Convene monthly staff meetings;
- Attend routine stakeholder engagements relating to the courts;
- Ensure teamwork with administrative and other support services;
- Report on programme outputs and outcomes to the Operations Manager;
- Assess the macro and micro environments, adapting effectively to change and guiding the team appropriately in doing so;
- Engage in networking that supports the development of collaborative relationships with programme stakeholders;
- Meet statutory obligations for rape survivors at the courts as needed;
- Contribute towards the development of the court support model for publication;
- Supervise the Court Support Administrator.
- Strong interviewing, facilitation and writing skills;
- Ability to deal with multiple activities in an organised and systematic way;
- Good problem-solving abilities, establishes and maintains effective relationships with people at all levels;
- Ability to coach and mentor others through the use of effective feedback;
- Ability to keep up with the latest trends in trauma response and rape;
- Concerned with their own active self-development and is able to adhere to clear values and principles;
- Qualified social worker with proof of registration;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Driver’s licence and own car required;
- No job experience is necessary as this is an entry level position and new graduates are welcome to apply.
Remuneration: R11 200 - R13 900 per month total cost to company, depending on skills and experience will be offered.
Starting date: 1 July 2015.
To apply, send the following to the Operations Manager, Nazma Hendricks at email@example.com or fax to: 021 637 9432:
- A brief Curriculum Vitae, not longer than three (3) pages including personal details and contact details, job or learning experience in descending order followed by references. Please do not insert any images, certificates or exam results.
- A covering letter or email that outlines how you fit the job requirements.
- The names and full contact details (telephone, fax and e-mail) of two recent referees.
If you do not hear from us by 30 June 2015, you should consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.