Maths Centre is a nonprofit organisation that strives to improve mathematics, science and technology education in South Africa.
Maths Centre seeks to appoint a Provincial Administrative Assistant, based in Johannesburg.
Provide personal assistant services to the Provincial Manager
- Coordinate meeting including minutes taking
- Support the Provincial Manager in planning and organization of professional development days, etc.
- Ensure project reports are submitted timeously and presented to the managers to review and give feedback;
- Facilitate communication to stakeholders on behalf of the Provincial manager (sending emails & formal correspondence, memo and follow up)
Provide administrative support to Provincial Unit
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the unit (accommodation, car hire & collecting travel logs)
- Organize and co-ordinate events in the unit (e.g. Funders’ recognition functions, Maps and Mirrors and etc.)
- Ensure that offices are cleaned and adhered to hygiene standard and comply with the OHSA
Front desk management
- Answer incoming calls and distribute calls to relevant persons
- Take massages for staff and ensure feedback is provided to client
- Ensure unit visitors are attended to
- Receive and record incoming and out-going documents
- Develop and implement a filing system for the unit
- File projects reports and other documents
- Organize collection and dispatch of documentation and materials for projects etc.
Provide support to External stakeholders
- Attend to stakeholders query and provide feedback
Coordinate purchases and payments
- Ensure deliverables match invoices and submit to PM for payment authorization
- Reconcile various Accounts.
- M+ 3 qualification in Office Administration/Secretariat Studies;
- Minimum of five years experience in records and information management (electronic and manual);
- Minimum of three to five years in administrative support, personal assistant role:
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders/Customers;
- Experience in coordinating events and providing support to project team.
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements should apply.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
All applicants will be considered in terms of Maths Centre Employment Equity Plan.
For more about Maths Centre, refer to www.mcis.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.