New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is an NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Senior Manager - Adolescent & Youth Friendly Services, based in Sandton.
The suitable candidate will ensure that loveLife’s Adolescent & Youth Friendly Services programme is institutionalized into the Department of Health’s leadership structures/processes and that the programme is being implemented in all nine provinces. The successful applicant would be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Ensure that loveLife’s Adolescent & Youth Friendly Services strategy is effectively interpreted and positioned within loveLife, the Department of Health and Municipalities in all 9 provinces;
- Meaningfully engage regional stakeholders from loveLife, the DoH and Municipalities on the AYFS strategy and the programme’s approaches to implementation, and assist them to devise well-structured programme management plans;
- Provide support to loveLife’s Regional teams to ensure effective programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure that the relevant training and technical assistance is provided to regional and site level stakeholders to enable them to deliver on AYFS’ targets;
- Assist loveLife’s Senior Managers to supervise the work of the Senior AYFS Technical Advisors; AYFS Programme Coordinators and Y-Centre Nurses and the AYFS-related work of other loveLife personnel in provinces;
- Assist Y-Centre Teams to develop and implement an AYFS stakeholder management plan and an AYFS marketing/ communication strategy (aimed at increasing the profile of Youth Friendly Services and the credibility of loveLife as a Technical Leader in this field with critical stakeholders in the provinces);
- Develop resources to support the Youth Friendly Services programme and other aspects of loveLife’s contribution to strengthening SA’s biomedical HIV prevention interventions;
- Ensure the AYFS programme is well integrated with other elements of the loveLife Campaign (youth programmes, family programme, community dialogues, media, campaign marketing, etc.);
- Lead AYFS’ programme review and planning processes and develop departmental progress reports;
- Assist the Business Development in developing AYFS-related funding proposals, and managing relationships with AYFS donors.
- Tertiary qualification in Medical or Nursing degree, Health Systems Management or a related discipline;
- Minimum of five years experience in Senior Management role;
- Strong understanding of the South African public healthcare system and policy environment for primary care services;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and conclude agreements for purposes of large-scale programme implementation;
- Proven ability to promote the use of research findings and technical guidelines to improve health systems and scale-up of interventions;
- Strong communication skills (written, spoken, presentation), including the ability to produce technical resources, communications tools and progress reports in a clear and concise manner;
- Good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Computer literacy with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- A valid driver’s license (Code 8);
- Willingness to travel extensively and spend periods away from home.
- Strong working knowledge of HIV and AIDS and its related issues, proven through past positions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in more than one South African language.
Total remuneration package: R513 000 per annum cost to company.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach loveLife National Offices. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.