The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Nurse, based at the Clinical Trials Unit, J52 Groote Schuur Hospital, Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town.
This is a one-year contract position.
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality;
- Providing pre- and post-test counselling, as well as risk reduction counselling, for clients;
- HIV testing;
- Obtaining blood and tissue samples and processing them as required;
- Conducting study procedures including ECG’s, spirometry testing, etc;
- Corresponding with the laboratory regarding query resolution;
- Performing other client care procedures as required;
- Entering data on case report forms and processing;
- Performing Quality Control (QC) checks on CRFs and source documents;
- Providing feedback to staff regarding common errors as part of the QC process;
- Managing filing of CRFs, source documents and laboratory reports.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC);
- Minimum of five to ten years of nursing experience;
- Knowledge of HIV would be advantageous;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions;
- Ability to work harmoniously with individuals of diverse backgrounds and sexuality;
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet;
- Must be able to work as a member of a team;
- Must be detailed orientated.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or facsimile: 021 447 1025.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, do attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.