The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint an Operations Manager, based at the Hannan Crusaid Treatment Center in Gugulethu, Cape Town.
This is a full-time, one-year contract position.
- Managing DTHF research resourcing in terms of staff and finances;
- Managing relationships with external research stakeholders;
- Managing relationships with provincial staff - ability to liaise, work with and maintain relationships between health care professionals and government personnel;
- Oversee the management of the Sizophila counselling team;
- Coordinate the implementation and evaluation of the Youth Development Programme.
- Degree in Health Science, Social Science or related field;
- Master’s degree advantageous (Postgraduate qualification);
- Knowledge of HIV and ART would be beneficial;
- Interest in working with HIV positive adults and adolescent;
- Registered with relevant regulatory body;
- Minimum of three years experience in project coordination or management;
- Minimum of three years experience in research environments;
- Minimum of three years experience working in clinic environments;
- Minimum of three years experience in staff supervision and management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English/isiXhosa would be advantageous;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well under pressure;
- Own transport.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of three contactable referees to email@example.com or fax to: 021 650 6963.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.