St Anne's Homes
ST Anne's Homes is a faith based organisation under the patronage of the Archbishop of the Church of the Province of South Africa. The organisation offers support, shelter, care and empowerment to destitute, distressed, and abused women and their children.
St Anne's Homes seeks to appoint an Auxiliary Social Worker, based in Cape Town.
The Auxiliary Social Worker will provide assistance and support to the Social Worker in promoting social change, problem solving in human relationships and empowering women from abusive backgrounds in a shelter environment.
- Strong administration skills;
- High level of team work;
- network with businesses for job opportunities for residents;
- run job hunting workshops;
- represent St Anne's Homes at meetings
- facilitate skills workshops;
- source appropriate training courses for residents;
- compile monthly reports;
- provide feedback to team on workshops.
- Social Auxiliary Worker certificate;
- Proof of registration;
- Minimum two years experience;
- Valid South African code 8 driver's licence;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Fluency in English, Afrikaans and local African language;
- Computer literacy;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Open opinion on teen parenting and adoption;
- Committed Christian;
- No illegal drugs or abuse of prescription drugsmaturity to assume the resposibilities of young women in care;
- Permanent South African residency;
- Understanding of NGO and Faith sector an advantage.
Starting date: 1 June 2015.
To apply, submit a three page CV, motivation letter, proof of registration and three contactable references to the Director at info@stanneshomes or fax to: 086 297 3917.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only experienced people with the appropriate skills level should apply. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 22 May 2015.
For more about St Anne's Homes, refer to www.stanneshomes.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.