TB/HIV Care Association
The TB/HIV Care Association is a nonprofit organisation that aims to empower communities by facilitating and providing treatment support, preventative, diagnosis, and rehabilitative services for TB and HIV clients.
TB/HIV Care Association in partnership with the Department of Correctional Services: Eastern Cape and Western Cape require Pharmacists to work within the region.
The working environment and conditions of employment are in line with those of a correctional services facility. The successful incumbent will report to the Operational Manager at the Correctional Centre at which they are based.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures;
- Continuous Development of systems for recording drug accountability and temperature control;
- Ensures medication is in stock and ordering of medication;
- Responsible for the preparation and dispensing of pharmaceuticals and Good Clinical Practice Standards (GCP);
- Responsible for completing patient record forms;
- Collecting information form participants according to study product brought back;
- Responsible for monthly stock take;
- Liaises with all internal and external role players and suppliers when necessary;
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures according to prescribed procedures and legislation;
- Reports all unsafe activities to Senior Management/Human Resources;
- Adheres and maintain decision making authority as allocated to the position;
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Adheres to all management SOP’s ,guidelines and confidential agreements.
- Degree in Pharmacy;
- Registration with SA Pharmacy Council;
- GCP certificate;
- Minimum of three years Pharmacy experience;
- Clinical or research experience in TB/HIV care;
- Clear criminal record;
- Ability to communicate in English, isiXhosa and/or another South African language.
To apply, refer to www.tbhivcare.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the TB/HIV Care Association, refer to www.tbhivcare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.