HIVSA is a South African nonprofit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint an Adolescent Programmer, based at its offices in Aeroton, Johannesburg.
The main purpose of this job is to provide effective operational, development, implementation, reporting and supervisory roles in a manner that will enhance performance and facilitate the growth of HIVSA’s adolescent programme. The incumbent should be motivated to inspire confidence and should also be highly innovative to interface with a range of multi-disciplinary processes, a pre-requisite in the sphere of adolescent programming.
- Developing implementation approaches (processes and procedures), tools and materials in conjunction with management and the programme team. Incumbent to be proactive in troubleshooting - by reporting on and resolving issues associated with the use of “new” programme materials, tools or processes;
- Building and supervising a capable “adolescent team” (Social Worker and Social Auxiliary Workers) – enthuse the team and promote a clear sense of purpose;
- Ensuring that the Social Worker and Social Auxiliary Workers are trained, skilled and that their expertise is optimally applied;
- Work closely with the M&E Manager in establishing and overseeing the adolescent programme’s M&E strategy and research agenda;
- Develop results based programme planning, monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks; and track the successful use the tools (quality assurance function);
- Conduct adolescent programme operational researches and evaluations;
- Constantly monitor programme performance based on set indicators, objectives and targets;
- Writing abstracts and sharing lessons learnt from the programme;
- Developing effective selection, recruitment; attendance and retention strategies for adolescents participating in programme activities/processes;
- Facilitating and delivering trainings on various programme packages;
- Growing, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders;
- Reporting and documentation – ensuring that all relevant learning is documented and that required reports are timely produced and are well maintained;
- Providing constant feedback to management.
- Social Work degree and registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP);
- Good knowledge of issues and debates around adolescent programme;
- Proven experience in HIV-related programming, therapeutic work, social development, health and sexual and reproductive health services for young people;
- Proven project management skills, analytical ability and meticulous attention to detail;
- Proven understanding and experience of having worked with Community Based Organisations;
- Formal Monitoring and Evaluation training;
- Exposure to monitoring and evaluation experience in development programs;
- Related to the above, experience in research - with exposure to both quantitative and qualitative methodologies;
- Minimum of five years of proven experience in supervising Social Workers;
- Good knowledge of the South African socio-economic and human development landscape;
- Proactive and problem-solving, as well as organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills, as well as strong computer and power point presentation skills;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum of five pages), three contactable referees and motivational letter and the HR Officer, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: email@example.com or fax to: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please note that only candidates that meet the above mentioned requirements will be shortlisted for the interviews.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.