South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind
The South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind is a fully constituted welfare organisation registered with the Director of Fundraising at the Department of Social Development and approved Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) that works to enhance the mobility, independence and dignity of blind and partially sighted people. SAGA advocates the recognition and protection of the rights of all persons with disabilities.The main objective of the Association is to improve the mobility, independence of action and overall well-being of visually-impaired people and other persons with disabilities.
The South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind seeks to appoint a full-time Head of the College of Orientation and Mobility, based in Paulshof, Sandton, Gauteng.
The persons will report to the Executive Director. S/he will be responsible for the overall management of the College of Orientation and Mobility to ensure delivery of professional courses including the National Diploma to train Orientation and Mobility Practitioners.
- Operational responsibility for the management of the College;
- Direct management of administrative and senior staff;
- Set yearly budgets and manage them effectively;
- Member of the senior management team at GDA;
- Moderate registered courses;
- Work closely with the ETDP SETA and other SETAs regarding regulatory issues;
- Liaise with other local and national stakeholders involved in visual impairment;
- Advocate for the needs of individuals with a visual impairment working with relevant groups;
- Research and re-scope the diploma qualification as required;
- Assist marketing with proposals for funding of College diploma and short courses.
- Degree in education or related field, ideally with an Orientation and Mobility qualification;
- Knowledge and work involvement with disabilities especially in relation to visual impairment;
- Managed a team/department for at least three years – health/education/NGO/SETA ideally with a training component;
- Qualified assessor and moderator will be an advantage;
- Effective communicator, who places a high value on attention to detail;
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the aims of the SA Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind and specifically the College of Orientation and Mobility;
- A leader, who can represent COM effectively within the S A Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind and external organisations;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Persons interested in this position can request a full job description from O&Madmin@guidedog.org.za or email your application to DebbieS@guidedog.org.za with a copy of your CV and certified copies of your educational certificates, as well as a covering letter of motivation.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within four weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
For more about the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind, refer to www.guidedog.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.