Mindset Network is a nonprofit organisation that aims at personal, social and economic development of all people in Africa. Mindset uses information and communication technologies (ICTs) to support education in the schooling and health sectors.
Mindset Network seeks to appoint a hardworking, passionate, delivery driven individual as Field Technician, based in Johannesburg.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining sites and carrying out installations as and when required.
- Plan and conduct site visits;
- Site Troubleshooting, identify, isolate and resolve technical problems;
- Complete all installations/remedial upgrades / technical support for various ICT based systems;
- Ensure all interactions with site representatives are conducted in an efficient and professional manner;
- Responsible for all assets and equipment required to perform work at the various site visits (Asset management);
- Creation & testing of Ubuntu servers/appliances;
- Configuration of Mikrotik Wifi systems;
- Creation of end user manuals for operating equipment & other technical procedure based processes.
- Ensure sufficient supplies of necessary tools and equipment are available at all times;
- Assist in general logistics and administration for longer duration site visits such as ensuring sufficient remedial supplies are available for the duration off the visit. Hotel bookings, site scheduling, petrol arrangements etc;
- Understand and assist with the reporting process to be completed per site or per project;
- Provide technical support to call centre and trainers;
- Maintenance & upkeep of development and demo area;
- Adhoc internal IT Support when in office;
- Capture time spent on projects into timesheets and submit these monthly;
- Data capturing into various databases;
- Training of external service providers.
Should you be interested in applying for this position, click here: http://bit.ly/1P2bdqA and continue to complete the form.
No late applications will be accepted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Mindset Network, refer to www.mindset.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.