The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is an NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Senior Manager - Business Development & Donor Relations, based in Sandton.
The person will mobilise resources and the support of both public and private sector towards the achievement of the loveLife strategic objectives and purpose. The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Conceptualise and develop proposal for unsolicited funding;
- Respond to request for proposals;
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive plan focused on enhancing corporate partner relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining funding;
- Develop and maintain a database of, corporates and private funders;
- Conceptualise and develop a model for collaboration between the private sector and loveLife;
- Develop a departmental budget annually and ensure expenditure against plans in a cost effective and efficient manner;
- Collaborate with Chief Financial Officer to forecast revenue and set revenue targets;
- Identify, develop and manage stakeholder relationships and funding opportunities;
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange alliances;
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit large commitments to support the strategic objectives of the organisation;
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of sustainability models, stakeholder relationship marketing materials and proposal development materials in conjunction with the Marketing Department;
- Work closely with internal partners, to create opportunities to build awareness among corporates in order to build and significantly expand positive fund-raising relationships;
- Work with communications team to develop key communications materials that support the strategic objectives of the organisation;
- Develop annual and long term strategic plan for corporate funding, and feed into greater organisational strategic framework;
- Develop short and long range strategic plan that supports the organisations strategic objectives;
- Set annual income generation targets and plans for achievement;
- Develop systems to track, monitor and manage incoming funds;
- Develop systems to track MOU’s and agreements with funders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, Social sciences or related qualification;
- Minimum of eight years experience in business development and/or donor relations;
- NGO sector fundraising and International fundraising and knowledge of Government funding;
- Knowledge of CSI sector and project evaluation processes;
- Demonstrated ability in proposal and donor report writing;
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations, foundations;
- Knowledge of developing and managing fundraising programme;
- Strong understanding of SA CSI, BBBEE and legislative environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the corporate sector Enterprise Development and Socio Economic spends;
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential;
- Good team leadership skills & Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated record of success in building corporate partnerships and generating significant commitments from the private sector.
Total remuneration package: R513 000 per annum, cost to company.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: email@example.com to reach loveLife National Offices. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.