The Pebbles Project Trust
The Pebbles Project Trust is a registered nonprofit organisation that supports children, families and communities on the wine farms in and around Stellenbosch and Wellington. The work of Pebbles consists of five main pillars: education, health, nutrition, protection and environment.
The Pebbles Project Trust seeks appoint an Office Manager and Management Assistant (EE), based in Stellenbosch.
Only Employment Equity (EE) Applicants need to apply.
The Office Manager and Management Assistant will be responsible for the overall efficient running of the Pebbles Project Offices, overseeing the organisation’s IT support, and providing administrative support to the Senior Management Team. This is a fixed-term contract based on funding and performance.
- Responsible for the organisation and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organisational effectiveness and efficiency:
- Coordinating day-to-day office operations (including petty cash).
- Management of office facilities, resources & equipment (including the management of budgets).
- Management of IT setup, procedures and support to the various Pebbles Offices and educational centres.
- Collaborating with the Mobile Computer Programme Manager & Assistant in terms of IT support for employees.
- Management of office health & safety.
- Overseeing administrative staff/assistants.
- Supporting the Senior Management team with a variety of projects and assignments, as and when needed, including (but not limited to):
- Record keeping.
- Project research.
- Liaising with external stakeholders and service providers.
- Distributing internal communications.
- Keeping minutes of meetings and scheduling meetings/appointments for management.
- Creating a yearly calendar for the organisation.
- Assisting with the monitoring and evaluation of key processes as well as programmes.
- Experience in overseeing office operations and budgets, with excellent planning- and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of administrative management practices and procedures;
- General computer processing or computer communication knowledge;
- Previous experience in coordinating office networks, equipment and connectivity;
- Previous marketing experience would be beneficial;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office software packages;
- Decision-making- and problem-solving skills;
- Workflow- and time management skills;
- Adaptability and excellent multitasking skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Fluent in English, and preferably a good working knowledge of Afrikaans;
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable transport;
- Available five days per week from 8h00-17h00
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Kobie Snyman at email@example.com.
If you are not invited for an interview by the 30 April 2015, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Employment Equity candidates will be given preference for this position. The Pebbles Project Trust reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about the Pebbles Project Trust, refer to http://www.pebblesproject.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.