The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The DTHF seeks to appoint a Junior Project Administrator, based in Masiphumelele, Cape Town.
This is a one-year, fixed term contract position.
Administration/procurement and asset management
- Perform and ensure adequate follow-up on staff requests and requirements;
- Maintain Project Files with required documentation i.e. copies of invoices, quotes, payment authorisation;
- Site Administration – ensure building, asset and equipment maintenance;
- Manage project assets by informing Asset Coordinator of purchase and movement;
- Support Project Leaders and Grant and Site Administrator with their administrative duties;
- Support with the logistics of events on site;
- Facilitate expenditure, including travel, according to UCT/DTHF procedures and contractual requirements;
- Solely responsible for credit card purchases for the site in accordance with UCT/DTHF procedures and contractual requirements.
- Prepare monthly budget vs expenses reports for Grant Administrator;
- Journal entries;
- Control and maintain petty cash floats;
- Control, reconcile and journal credit card purchases for the site;
- Liaise with Grant Administrator with regards contracts, project income, financial reports;
- Work with Grant Administrator in submitting invoices to Grantor;
- Assist in project audits.
- Fleet management;
- Supervision of cleaning staff.
- Grade 12;
- Post Matric qualification in related field would be advantageous;
- Minimum of two years related administration work experience;
- Fully computer literate including advanced excel skills;
- Experience in SAP/ related accounting package would be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good organising, problem solving and planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written;
- Team leadership.
To apply, submit a concise CV (no certificates) and details of two contactable referees to the The Human Resource Manager at Jobs@hiv-research.org.za or fax to: 021 650 6963 (indicating the name of the position that you apply for).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidate is identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.